Event Name: No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) New South Wales (NSW) Conference 2013
Event Date: October 22-23, 2013
Event Location: Australian Technology Park, Eveleigh (Redfern), Sydney, Australia
Cost: The cost to attend the two-day event is AUS 360 (USD 335). Additional discounts of up to AUS 140 (USD 130) for single-day registration and up to AUS 200 (USD 185) for community organizations are available.
Event Summary: The event will highlight NILS and microfinance topics including energy efficiency programs; impact investing and social innovation; strategies to facilitate best practices in microfinance; and integration, collaboration and consolidation of NILS in microfinance institutions and community organizations in eight territories of Australia.
Background on Organizers: NILS is a community-based program that provides interest-free loans for individuals or families living on low incomes to purchase essential goods and services in Australia. NILS was founded by the Victoria, Australia chapter Good Shepherd Youth & Family Service, a Catholic nonprofit organization. In 2012, NILS reported a gross loan portfolio of AUS 18 million (USD 16.7 million) and has partnerships with 220 accredited loan providers in 400 locations around Australia. NILS is sponsored by the governing body of New South Wales (NSW) territory in Australia.
Event Website: http://www.nilsnsw.org.au/latest-news/events
For additional information, you may contact Samantha Simmons, NSW NILS state coordinator via email at nilsnswcoord[at]lnci.org.au or by telephone at +61 (02) 66 217 397.
By Jennifer Young, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
MicroCapital Story, April 16, 2008, “PRESS RELEASE: National Australia Bank to Provide $920k Interest-free Loan to Traditional Credit Union, Expand Microfinance in Aboriginal Communities,” https://www.microcapital.org/press-release-national-australia-bank-to-provide-920k-interest-free-loan-to-traditional-credit-union-expand-microfinance-in-aboriginal-communities/
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Participation for Harmonious Development Workshop, July 15-16, 2016, Fortune Institute of International Business, Delhi, India
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Microfinance Pasifika’s Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit; August 29-31, 2017; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Islamic Microfinance Summit, September 26-27, 2016, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mondato Summit Asia; November 28-29, 2017; Yangon, Myanmar