Event Name: MENA Governance and Strategic Leadership Seminar
Event Date: March 7 – March 9, 2017
Event Location: Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, Fifth Circle, Amman, 11184, Jordan
Summary of Event: The goal of this event is to strengthen boards of directors of microfinance institutions in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region through peer learning and case studies on topics such as governance, risk management, client centricity, sustainable growth and operating in challenging environments.
Background on Organizers: This event is organized by Calmeadow, the Center for Financial Inclusion (CFI) and Sanabel. Calmeadow is a Canada-based NGO with 30 years of experience in financial inclusion, board representation and corporate governance initiatives in Africa, Asia and Latin America. CFI brings eight years of experience in risk management and governance via the Africa Board Fellowship and the Harvard Business School-Accion inclusive finance leadership course, in addition to publishing the Governance Guidelines. Sanabel is a microfinance network with 90 members which serve a total of approximately 1.6 million clients in 13 Arab countries.
Event Website: http://bit.ly/MENA-leadership
Cost: The cost to attend this event is USD 750.
For additional information, you may contact Lizzy Bolze at lbolze[at]accion.org or +1 202 393 5113.
Sources and Additional Resources:
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by the Center for Financial Inclusion.
MENA Governance and Strategic Leadership Seminar Flyer:
Center for Financial Inclusion
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Sanabel’s Annual Conference: Financial Inclusion in the Arab Countries; November 7-8, 2017; Beirut, Lebanon
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Harvard Business School (HBS)-Accion Program on Strategic Leadership in Inclusive Finance; March 25 – 30, 2018; Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: HBS-Accion Program on Strategic Leadership in Inclusive Finance; April 17 – 22, 2017; Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Executive Forum: Financial Inclusion and Islamic Finance, November 16-17, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: East Africa Microfinance Summit, November 2-4, 2016, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania