Event Name: SPTF Social Investor Working Group Meeting
Event Date: March 15 – March 16, 2017
Event Location: University of Zurich, Rämistrasse 71, 8006 Zürich, Switzerland
Summary of Event: Participants in this meeting will discuss the challenges of social performance management (SPM) as it relates to investing in inclusive finance. Speakers also will share examples of resources available to help investors improve SPM. Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) defines SPM as “the systems that organizations use to achieve their stated social goals and put customers at the center of strategy and operations” . Following the closing of the meeting midday on March 16, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation will host a half-day Savings and Credit Forum.
Background on Organizers: The event is organized by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the Swiss Capacity Building Facility (SCBF) and the University of Zürich’s Centre for Microfinance. SDC is a unit of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs that works to reduce poverty in other countries through fostering economic self-reliance and state autonomy. SCBF, a Switzerland-based public-private partnership, aims to assist financial institutions in their outreach to lower income people in developing countries. The University of Zürich’s Centre for Microfinance is a nonprofit institute that focuses on applied research, advisory services and executive training related to microfinance.
Cost: The fee to attend is EUR 250 (USD 264) per organization. (Multiple attendees from the same organization may attend at no extra charge.)
For additional information, you may contact Leticia Emme at leticiaemme(at)sptf.info. No telephone number is provided.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources
Credit and Savings Forum Agenda
University of Zürich’s Centre for Microfinance
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Savings and Credit Forum; March 16, 2017; Zürich, Switzerland
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) Annual Meeting; June 6 – 8, 2017, Mexico City, Mexico
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 2018 Customer Centricity Learning Event; February 19 – 22, 2018; Mamallapuram, India
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Aflatoun to Host Annual International Meeting on Social, Financial Education, November 2-4, 2016, The Hague, the Netherlands
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Dot Finance Africa Presents Its Second Fintech Conference on May 17 – 18, 2017 in Kigali, Rwanda