Event Name: SOCAP17 (Social Capital Markets 2017)
Event Date: October 10 – October 13, 2017
Event Location: Fort Mason Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Summary of Event: Speakers will discuss themes including “the intersection of money and meaning,” climate change, sustainable livelihoods, “neighborhood economics”, education, diversity and development goals.
Background on Organizers: SOCAP (Social Capital Markets) is a US-based nonprofit organization that seeks to “direct the power and efficiency of market systems toward social impact.” SOCAP organizes several events each year to bring together investors, social entrepreneurs and foundation representatives to discuss ways to bolster the social impact of business.
Cost: The fee to attend is USD 1,495 plus a processing fee of USD 19.95. There is a discount of USD 500 for tickets purchased before June 30.
Event Website: http://socialcapitalmarkets.net/socap17/
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at registration[at]socialcapitalmarkets.net or +1 617 482 4826.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Foro Latinoamericano de Inversión de Impacto; February 14 – 16, 2017; Mérida, México
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Social Impact Investment Steering Group (GSG) Impact Summit; July 9-12, 2017; Chicago, Illinois, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 13th Annual Global Microfinance Forum; March 16 – 17, 2017; Prague, Czech Republic
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 2017 Social Enterprise Conference; Columbia University, New York, USA; October 6, 2017