Event Name: High Water Women’s 2017 Investing for Impact Symposium
Event Date: November 30, 2017
Event Location: New York, New York, USA
Summary of Event: This conference is intended to connect impact investors with the goal of engaging women in the financial sector. The definition of impact investing used by the High Water Women Foundation (HWW) includes removing barriers to entering the financial sector, building up infrastructure in rural areas, breaking down social injustice and minimizing climate change. The session topics will include removing obstacles to change, women in impact investing, urban development, rural development, the environment and climate, housing, agriculture, diversity and challenges to measuring impact.
Background on Organizers: Based in the US city of New York, HWW aims to integrate women into the financial sector through “volunteerism and philanthropic giving.” It was founded in 2005 and has 3,500 members as of 2017.
Cost: The registration cost is USD 500.
For additional information, you may contact the event organizers at contactus[at]highwaterwomen.org or +1 212 634 7365.
By Aleks Marceau, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Information
HWW home page:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing: Mainstreaming Purpose-Driven Finance; February 15, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) Investor Forum, December 7-8, 2016, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing Conference: Addressing Climate Change and Social Development; April 26, 2017; Kirchberg, Luxembourg