Event Name: East Africa Islamic Economy Summit 2018
Event Date: April 24 – April 25, 2018
Event Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary of Event: This summit will focus on how technology and financial inclusion can drive the East African economy forward. The topics will include the role of Islamic finance in boosting financial inclusion and the gender gap in economic empowerment. An example of Islamic finance is a lender sharing profit and loss in lieu of charging the borrower a set rate of interest.
Background on Organizer: The event is organized by GBS Africa, a Kenya-based advisory firm that promotes business relations between Africa and the rest of the world. GBS Africa focuses on finding investment opportunities as well as promoting renewable energy and access to finance for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) .
Cost: The fee to attend is USD 150 for those registering before March 30 and USD 250 thereafter.
For more information, you may email info[at]gbsafrica.co.uk or call +44 203 808 7127.
By Alex Gelfond, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
GBS Africa: http://gbsafrica.co.uk/
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Executive Forum: Financial Inclusion and Islamic Finance, November 16-17, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Financial Inclusion Summit East Africa; September 5, 2017; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 5th Sankalp Africa Summit; March 1 – 2, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Cracking the Nut Conference; June 12 – 13, 2018; Antigua, Guatemala
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd African International Conference on Islamic Finance; October 16-17, 2017; Abuja, Nigeria