FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited, the Nigerian affiliate of the US-based Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA International), is serving 20,700 customers via 20 agents in the state of Imo. The institution, which is also known as FINCA Nigeria, established this agency banking model, FINCA eXpress, one year ago with three agents participating.
FINCA Nigeria reports total deposits of NGN 1 billion (USD 2.9 million) and gross loan portfolio of NGN 4 billion (USD 11.4 million).
FINCA microfinance institutions serve approximately 2 million people in 23 countries. As of 2015, the organization reported total assets of USD 1.1 billion, with an operating loss of USD 2.8 million. It was founded in 1984.
By Sascha Strobl, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources:
FINCA International financial statement 2015:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: FINCA Armenia Completes $7m Dual-currency Bond Issue
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Nigeria’s Lagos State Creates IBILE Microfinance Bank to Boost Lending to MSMEs
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: FINCA Microfinance Bank of Tanzania Rolls Out HaloYako Mobile Savings Product
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Cuba’s Banco Popular de Ahorro Launches Mobile Banking Service
- MICROFINANCE BRIEF: Carolina Trivelli to Chair CGAP (Consultative Group to Assist the Poor) Executive Committee