An arm of Austrian fund manager C-Quadrat, C-Quadrat Asset Management, recently informed MicroCapital that its Dual Return Vision Microfinance and Dual Return Vision Microfinance-Local Currency funds lent a total approximately equivalent to USD 12.5 million to unidentified microfinance institutions (MFIs) in four Latin American countries – Bolivia, El Salvador, Guatemala and Peru – as well as two in Asia – Indonesia and Myanmar.
A cooperative in rural, northwestern Guatemala borrowed a portion of the funds to expand its services to its members, of whom 75 percent are women. C-Quadrat reports that “the majority of the [MFIs’] employees speak the local indigenous languages, which fosters integration and improves client protection.”
As of August 2017, the combined assets under management of the Dual Return Vision Microfinance funds total USD 618 million. During July, the local-currency sub-fund experienced returns described as “very good due to the reduction of cash levels, the high coupon payments in local currency and the advantageous currency movements.” In addition, the January-July return of the US dollar denominated retail account reached 6.7 percent. C-Quadrat manages assets equivalent to EUR 5.3 billion (USD 5.9 billion) as of 2016.
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by C-Quadrat.
MicroCapital: Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Lend $10m During June
MicroCapital: Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $9m in Ecuador, Honduras
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at http://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MFIs in Asia, Central America Borrow $10m from C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Vision Microfinance Funds of C-Quadrat Loan $45m in Countries Including Bangladesh, Cambodia, Tajikistan, Nicaragua
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Lend $31m to MFIs in Asia, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Dual Return Funds Managed by C-Quadrat Loan $17m to Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Costa Rica, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, the Philippines
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Expand Lending to Myanmar