C-Quadrat Asset Management, a unit of Austrian fund manager C-Quadrat, today informed MicroCapital that its Dual Return Vision Microfinance and Vision Microfinance-Local Currency funds extended credit totaling approximately USD 9 million to unidentified providers of financial services in Ecuador and Honduras.
A bank that is based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, borrowed USD 8 million. Founded in 1994, it focuses on financing small and medium-sized enterprises and is seeking to expand in rural areas. Before gaining approval to borrow from the bank, customers must meet a set of “high environmental standards” as evidenced by an “environmental audit [that] was developed in close collaboration with international development banks.”
As of January 31, 2017, the combined assets under management of the Dual Return funds total USD 482 million. C-Quadrat manages assets equivalent to EUR 5.3 billion (USD 5.9 billion) as of May 2016.
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by C-Quadrat.
Dual Return Funds Managed by C-Quadrat Loan $17m to Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Costa Rica, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, the Philippines
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Expand Lending to Myanmar
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MFIs in Asia, Central America Borrow $10m from C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $46m, Largely in Asia, Panama, Tanzania
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $12.5 to MFIs in Latin America, Southeast Asia
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $18m in Eurasia, Latin America, Zambia