Luxembourgish NGO ADA, 27-member African Microfinance Transparency and the 71-member Microfinance African Institutions Network recently announced that they will hold the Semaine Africaine de la Microfinance (SAM) from October 9 to October 13, 2017, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The theme for this year’s SAM is creating value for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The agenda is not yet available.
The event is supported by Luxembourg Cooperation, an entity of the Luxembourgish government that funds small and medium-sized enterprises as part of its mission to foster international development.
This notice is a follow-up to the third SAM, which was held from June 29 to July 3, 2015, in Dakar, Senegal. MicroCapital was engaged to report on the proceedings from Dakar.
ADA: African Microfinance Week
MicroCapital Coverage of African Microfinance Week (SAM)
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- SPECIAL REPORT: African Microfinance Week (SAM) Registration Open for Sessions Starting October 9, 2017, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- SPECIAL REPORT: Microfinance Investment Vehicles, MFIs “Speed Date” at SAM Investor’s Fair in Ethiopia
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Microcred Senegal Raises $5.6m on African Bond Market
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Senegal’s Banque Régionale de Marché to Launch “eCFA” Digital Currency
- SPECIAL REPORT: ADA’s Laura Foschi on Creating Value for SMEs at SAM in Ethiopia, October 2017