Event Name: Islamic Microfinance Summit
Event Dates: September 26-27, 2016
Event Location: Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cost: The fee to register is EUR 990 (USD 1,103).
Summary of event:
The theme of this conference is “raising awareness and ensuring compliant and targeted product development to aid poverty alleviation.” Its goal is to promote Islamic microfinance, particularly to the international donor community. Islamic microfinance follows religious law forbidding conventional interest payments, instead using arrangements such as the sharing of profit and loss. The conference is organized by Uniglobal, a Prague-based provider of workshops and conferences.
Event Website: http://uni-global.eu/en/event/2016-207
For additional information, you may email registration[at]uni-global.eu or call +41 22365 2121.
By Petra Barbu, Research Associate
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd African International Conference on Islamic Finance; October 16-17, 2017; Abuja, Nigeria
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: East Africa Islamic Economy Summit; April 24 – 25, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 13th Annual Global Microfinance Forum; March 16 – 17, 2017; Prague, Czech Republic
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 7th Annual Central Asian & Caucasus Microfinance Forum; October 26-27, 2017; Tbilisi, Georgia
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: OJK Licenses 10 Islamic Microfinance Institutions in Indonesia