Austria’s C-Quadrat Asset Management informed MicroCapital today that its Dual Return Vision Microfinance and Dual Return Vision Microfinance-Local Currency funds loaned a total approximately equivalent to USD 22 million during November to unspecified microfinance institutions (MFIs) in Burkina Faso, China, Colombia, El Salvador, Paraguay and Sri Lanka.
USD 5.5 million of this total was disbursed to a Colombian MFI that was founded in 1986 to support low-income female entrepreneurs. According to C-Quadrat, the MFI has a “sustainable business model” and “actively participates in community initiatives and supports the rehabilitation of public spaces such as sport facilities.”
The Dual Return funds, which recently began offering sales to the public in Germany, have an aggregate total volume of USD 438 million as of November 30, 2016. C-Quadrat Asset Management is a unit of Austrian fund group C-Quadrat, which manages assets equivalent to EUR 5.3 billion (USD 5.9 billion) as of May 2016.
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by C-Quadrat.
Dual Return Funds Managed by C-Quadrat Loan $17m to Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Costa Rica, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, the Philippines
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MFI in Bosnia and Herzegovina Borrows from Dual Return Vision Microfinance Fund
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Expand Lending to Myanmar
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Invest in Ecuador, 13 Other Countries
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Dual Return Funds Managed by C-Quadrat Loan $17m to Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Costa Rica, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, the Philippines
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MFIs in Asia, Central America Borrow $10m from C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds