Event Name: Impact Investment for Development Summit 2017
Event Date: March 21-23, 2017
Event Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Conference Organizers: The conference is jointly organized by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Institut Européen d’Administration des Affaires (INSEAD). TEDxYerevan, Impact Hub Yerevan, European Fund for Southeast Europe (EFSE), European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA), Impact Alpha and @lliance serve as organizing partners.
Summary of Event: This summit will cover “sustainable” development financing methods with the goal of promoting the benefits of impact investments and creating new models of collaboration between different sectors of the economy. The summit will feature interactive discussions, TEDx talks and thematic exhibitions. It will also seek to address questions about the challenges of impact investments, the progress of transformation from traditional to impact investments, ways of gaining government support for impact projects and regional perspectives.
Background on Organizers: UNDP is the United Nations’ global development network. The organization advocates for change; connects countries with shared resources; and provides expertise, training and grants to developing countries. The organization focuses on poverty reduction, democratic governance, crisis prevention, disease control and social development. INSEAD is a graduate business school with campuses in Asia, Europe and the Middle East. The institution offers a range of full-time and executive academic programs.
Event Website: http://iido.events/
For additional information, you may contact the organizers by phone at +374 060 53 00 00 or by email at info[at]iido.events.
By Murong Xu, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources:
Impact Investment for Development Summit 2017
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Social Impact Investment Steering Group (GSG) Impact Summit; July 9-12, 2017; Chicago, Illinois, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing Conference: Addressing Climate Change and Social Development; April 26, 2017; Kirchberg, Luxembourg
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Forum on Remittances, Investment and Development 2017; June 15-16, 2017; New York, United States
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: European Microfinance Summit; January 26 – 27, 2017; Barcelona, Spain
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Metrics from the Ground Up; NEW DATES: February 27 – 28, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya