KIVA (Kiva Microfunds)
- Country of incorporation: United States
- Year founded: 2004
- Legal Status: Non-profit public benefit corporation registered in the state of California
- Fund Assets: n/a
- Fund Assets Allocated to MF Investments: n/a
- Number of active MF investment: n/a
- Area of Operation: Latin America and The Caribbean
- Participant(s)/Backer(s)/Investor(s): n/a
Kiva is the first non-profit organization to open the Internet to individuals who want to connect with and make personal loans to small businesses in developing countries and contribute to reducing poverty.
Lenders can loan money through Kiva.org, which lists businesses in need of funding. Individuals can make loans in increments as small as $25 and expect to receive repayment, without interest, at the end of the loan term, which typically runs between six and 12 months.
Making a loan through Kiva is easy, secure, and personal. The lender simply goes to www.kiva.org, registers, and chooses the businesses to fund.
The enterprises Kiva is working with are asking for loans averaging $500, and the average individual lender is loaning between $25 and $100. To reach out to microentrepreneurs, Kiva partners with MFIs that manage and administer the loans.
2180 Bryant Street Suite 106 San Francisco, California 94110-2141 United States
Fiona Ramsey Customer Relations and Operations Manager (415) 641-5482 email@example.com
Link on MIX Market