The United Nations Development Program (UNDP), through the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) has committed USD 4 million to building an inclusive financial sector in Rwanda. The funds will continue the implementation of Rwanda’s National Microfinance Strategy from 2009 through 2014. Rwandan Minister of Finance, John Rwangombwa, noted that, “the support given by UNDP/UNCDF is aligned to Financial Sector Development Programmes and the National Monetary Fund Policy Implementation Strategy to contribute to the refinancing and sustainable management of Microfinance Institutions.” Minister Rwangombwa stated that the projects aims to improve productivity and enhance the market access of microenterprises.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: UNDP Offers Training for Women, Youth Entrepreneurs in Uzbekistan
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Institut Européen d’Administration des Affaires (INSEAD) Present Impact Investment for Development Summit 2017; March 21-23; Yerevan, Armenia
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: UBS Wealth Management Customers Investing $325m in The Rise Fund, Social Impact Private Equity Vehicle Managed by TPG
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Forum on Remittances, Investment and Development 2017; June 15-16, 2017; New York, United States
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Sa-Dhan Association to Host National Conference, September 14-15, 2016, New Delhi, India