C-Quadrat Asset Management, an arm of Austrian fund manager C-Quadrat, recently informed MicroCapital that its Dual Return Vision Microfinance and Dual Return Vision Microfinance-Local Currency funds loaned a total approximately equivalent to USD 46 million to unidentified providers of financial services in Cambodia, India, Panama, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and other countries.
Among these disbursals was the funds’ first investment in Pakistan. This investee is a microfinance institution based in Punjab that was founded in 1996 to support female businessowners. The institution offers loans, savings and insurance and reportedly is “a strong advocate of gender equality.”
As of March 2017, the combined assets under management of the Dual Return funds total USD 528 million. C-Quadrat manages assets equivalent to EUR 5.3 billion (USD 5.9 billion) as of 2016.
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by C-Quadrat.
MicroCapital: Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $9m in Ecuador, Honduras
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MFIs in Asia, Central America Borrow $10m from C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Expand Lending to Myanmar
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Dual Return Funds Managed by C-Quadrat Loan $17m to Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in India, Kenya, Namibia, Nicaragua, Peru, Romania, Including $3m for Education Lending
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Vision Microfinance Funds of C-Quadrat Loan $45m in Countries Including Bangladesh, Cambodia, Tajikistan, Nicaragua
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Lend $31m to MFIs in Asia, Latin America