The European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP) has begun accepting applications for the eighth iteration of its European Microfinance Award, which is focused this year on financing housing improvements for people with low incomes. The deadline to apply is May 22. The award, which includes a cash prize of EUR 100,000 (USD 106,000), will be presented at European Microfinance Week, which is being held from November 29 through December 1 in Luxembourg.
The award is being organized by the Inclusive Finance Network Luxembourg (InFiNe), e-MFP and the Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs – Directorate for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Affairs.
This notice is part of a sponsored series on European Microfinance Week, which is held annually by e-MFP, a 130-member network located in Luxembourg. MicroCapital has been engaged to promote and cover the event on-site.
Sources and Additional Resources
European Microfinance Award
European Microfinance Week 2017
MicroCapital Coverage of European Microfinance Week Since 2012
European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP) Coverage of European Microfinance Week 2016
- SPECIAL REPORT: 5 Days Left to Apply for 2017 European Microfinance Award on Housing
- SPECIAL REPORT: European Microfinance Week Scheduled for November 29 – December 1, 2017, in Luxembourg
- SPECIAL REPORT: MFIs in Afghanistan, Peru, Mexico Shortlisted for $118k “Microfinance for Housing” Award
- SPECIAL REPORT: June 1 is Deadline for $114k European Microfinance Award: “Microfinance and Access to Education”
- SPECIAL REPORT: Kashf Foundation of Pakistan Wins $106k European Microfinance Award for Supporting “Low-cost” Private Schools