Event Name: The MasterCard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion
Event Dates: October 20-21, 2016
Event Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Cost: By invitation only
Summary of event: This 2016 symposium will focus on increasing knowledge of financial service providers regarding the financial lives of poor people in an effort to enable the providers to design and deliver products that are more appropriate to the need. The symposium will include workshops, plenary sessions and the award of the 2016 “clients at the centre” prize, which includes a cash award of USD 150,000.
Background on Organizers
The MasterCard Foundation
Based in Canada, the MasterCard Foundation seeks to enable people living in poverty to improve their lives with increased access to microfinance and education, primarily in Africa. The foundation was established in 2006 by a gift of shares from US-based payment processor MasterCard Worldwide during the company’s initial public offering. As of 2015, the MasterCard Foundation reported approximately USD 9 billion in assets.
Event Website: http://mastercardfdnsymposium.org/
For additional information, you may email info[at]mastercardfdn.org or telephone +1 416 214 2857.
By Imke Herholdt, Research Associate
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: The Mastercard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion, $150k “Clients at the Centre” Prize; November 8-9, 2017; Accra, Ghana
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Apply by June 5 for The MasterCard Foundation’s $150k “Clients at the Centre” Prize
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: The MasterCard Foundation Fund for Rural Prosperity Awards $3m to Ibero Uganda, First Access, Letshego; Is Accepting Applications for More Funding Through August 10
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Young Africa Works Summit; February 16 – 17, 2017; Kigali, Rwanda
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Kiva, The MasterCard Foundation Announce 5-Year, $7.9m Project to Promote Financial Inclusion in Rural Sub-Saharan Africa