Event Name: Social Performance Task Force 2017 Annual Meeting
Event Date: June 6 – June 8, 2017
Event Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Summary of Event: This meeting will include plenary speeches, working group meetings and networking sessions relating to financial inclusion regulation, social outcomes data collection, and analysis and advances in “client-centric” technology . The event will begin with an introductory session on the Universal Standards for Social Performance Management (SPM) and the resources available to financial service providers for measuring and improving their social performance. This is the first time this event is taking place in Latin America since 2013.
Conference Organizer: The Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) is a US-based, nonprofit membership organization that was created in 2005 by US-based CGAP (Consultative Group to Assist the Poor), Switzerland’s Argidius Foundation and the US-based Ford Foundation. SPTF addresses issues relating to measuring and managing social performance in the microfinance sector. SPTF defines social performance as operating “in line with accepted social values that relate to serving larger numbers of poor and excluded people.” This includes providing services that help clients improve their incomes and other aspects of their lives while avoiding overburdening them with debt or otherwise harming them. SPTF has approximately 3,000 members .
Cost: The cost to attend is USD 400 per person.
Event Website: https://sptf.info/annual-meetings/2017-annual-meeting
For additional information about the event, you may email Michele Giroux at michelegiroux[at]sptf.info. No telephone number is offered.
By James Packard
Sources and Additional Resources:
 SPTF About Us – What We Do, https://sptf.info/about-us/what-we-do
 Annual Meeting 2017 Registration Page, https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1915341
Universal Standards for Social Performance Management
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 2018 Customer Centricity Learning Event; February 19 – 22, 2018; Mamallapuram, India
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) Social Investor Working Group Meeting; March 15-16, 2017; Zurich, Switzerland
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Savings and Credit Forum; March 16, 2017; Zürich, Switzerland
- SPECIAL REPORT: Scaling Up Implementation of Social Performance Management at European Microfinance Week
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd African International Conference on Islamic Finance; October 16-17, 2017; Abuja, Nigeria