Event Name: Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network Annual Conference
Event Dates: September 19-21, 2016
Event Location: Renaissance Arlington Capitol View Hotel, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Cost: The standard fee to attend is USD 1,100 until September 9, 2016, and USD 1,200 from September 10-21, 2016. For SEEP members, the fee is reduced by USD 260.
Summary of event:
The theme of this event is “expanding market frontiers.” Its goal is to create markets that provide opportunities for all people to prosper by sharing successful business approaches to this challenge. The sponsors of this event include United States Agency for International Development, an agency of he US government; the MetLife Foundation, an affiliate of the US-based insurance provider MetLife; MasterCard, a US-based credit card company; and the Grameen Foundation, a US-based promoter of business and technology services for poor people in developing countries.
Event Website: http://www.seepnetwork.org/annual-conference-pages-20008.php
For additional information, you may email annualconference[at]seepnetwork.org or call +1 202 534 1400.
By Petra Barbu, Research Associate
About Grameen Foundation
The Grameen Foundation, a nonprofit based in the US City of Washington, DC, provides financial, technological and managerial support to create new business opportunities and telecommunication services for poor people in rural areas. Though it is independent of the Grameen Bank, Dr Muhammad Yunus, the founder of the Grameen Bank, serves on the foundation’s Board of Directors. As of 2016, Grameen Foundation reported total revenue of USD 21 million and total assets of USD 11.2 million.
Sources and Additional Resources
 Event website: http://www.seepnetwork.org/annual-conference-pages-20008.php
 MicroCapital Universe Profile: Grameen Foundation
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network Annual Conference; October 2 – 4, 2017; Arlington, Virginia, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum; May 23-25, 2017; Bangkok, Thailand
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Savings Group Conference; May 22 – 24, 2018; Kigali, Rwanda
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: XIX Foromic, October 24-26, 2016, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Making Cents International Presents 2017 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit; September 27-29; Arlington, Virginia, USA