Event Name: Sanabel’s 2017 Conference: Financial Inclusion in the Arab Countries; A Journey of Collaboration and Achievements
Event Date: November 7 – November 8, 2017
Event Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Summary of Event: This conference is intended to contribute to a more “inclusive and progressive” microfinance environment in the Arab region. The topics are to include the evolution of microfinance institutions (MFIs) and clients; supporting existing and new partnerships; MFIs’ role in advancing the UN’s sustainable development goals; strategic leadership and risk management; and advancing youth financial inclusion.
Event Cost: Tickets will cost USD 800 for Sanabel members and citizens of Lebanon, with a rate of USD 1,000 for others until October 6th. Thereafter, payment must be made on-site at rates of USD 1,000 and USD 1,100 for the two groups, respectively.
Background on Organizers: The Sanabel Microfinance Network of Arab Countries is a group of microfinance institutions (MFIs) that was established in 2002 by 17 institutions from seven nations. In 2004, Sanabel was incorporated and registered as a nonprofit organization in both Atlanta, in the US state of Georgia, and in Cairo, Egypt, where it is headquartered. As of 2016, Sanabel had 90 member institutions from 13 countries.
Event Website: http://sanabelconf.org/
For additional information, you may e-mail conference2017[at]sanabelnetwork.org or call +2 2 25 37 30 23.
By Jacob O’Driscoll, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Information
Sanabel’s 2017 Conference: Financial Inclusion in the Arab Countries; A Journey of Collaboration and Achievements
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: MENA Governance and Strategic Leadership Seminar; March 7 – 9, 2017; Amman, Jordan
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Financial Inclusion Summit East Africa; September 5, 2017; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd African International Conference on Islamic Finance; October 16-17, 2017; Abuja, Nigeria
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Sustainable Finance Conference 2017; July 13-14, 2017; Karlsruhe, Germany