Event Name: 13th International Microinsurance Conference: Inclusive Insurance for the Mass Market
Event Date: November 7 – November 9, 2017
Event Location: Swissotel; Lima, Peru
Cost: The maximum fee to attend the conference is USD 1,390, with a range of discounts available, including tiered reductions for those registering by September 1 and October 31. There is no fee for representatives of regulatory and supervisory authorities.
Summary of Event: This conference aims to engage stakeholders on “accelerating growth and economic viability in microinsurance.” It will feature roughly 80 speakers covering topics including: microinsurance across Latin America and the Caribbean; the role of microinsurance in economic development; digital technologies for microinsurance; and the relationships among data, analytics and the future of microinsurance.
Background on Organizers: The Munich Re Foundation was established in 2005 by Munich Re, a German reinsurance company. The foundation aims to find solutions to problems of population growth, globalization, wealth inequality and the environment. Munich Re reported EUR 267 billion (USD 314 billion) in total assets as of December 31, 2016. Munich Re Foundation does not disclose its financial information.
The Microinsurance Network is a Luxembourg-based organization that aims to promote the development of insurance products for low-income populations via information sharing. As of 2016, it reported 80 member organizations from 50 countries.
Established in 1904 as the Comité de Aseguradores del Perú, the Asociación Peruana de Empresas de Seguros (APESEG) is a Peru-based nonprofit association of 15 insurance and reinsurance companies.
Event Website: http://www.microinsuranceconference.org
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at info[at]munichre-foundation.org or +49 89 38 91 88 88.
By Matthew O’Neill, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Information
Munich Re Foundation:
Munich Re Annual Report, 2016:
MICROFINANCE EVENT: International Microinsurance Conference, November 15-17, 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: International Microinsurance Conference, November 15-17, 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mobile Insurance Conference; February 23 – 24, 2017; Douala, Cameroon; Organized by IAIS, A2ii and CIMA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 9th Consultative Forum on Microinsurance Regulation; March 14, 2017; Singapore
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: “Horizon 2037: Fair Finance for All” – 20th Microfinance Centre (MFC) Annual Conference; May 24-26, 2017; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina