Event Name: Mobile World Conference 2018
Event Date: February 26 – March 1, 2018
Event Location: Barcelona, Spain
Summary of Event: This conference brings industry leaders together to cover recent trends and developments in the telecommunications industry. About 100,000 people from 200 countries are expected to attend. Among the networking opportunities and presentations are: “Expanding Digital Services to the Next Billion;” “Leaving No One Behind: Ensuring Digital Inclusion for All;” and “Embedding Sustainability Into Business Models in Latin America.”
Background on Organizer: The event is organized by the GSM (Groupe Special Mobile) Association (GSMA) , which organizes events and otherwise seeks to serve the interests of – as of 2016 – approximately 800 mobile operators and 300 other member companies, including software companies and device makers .
Cost: The standard fee to attend is EUR 799 (USD 941). Premium rates, which include access to additional events and services, range up to EUR 4,999 (USD 5,890).
For more information, you may contact organizers via the form at
https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/about/contact/contact-sales/. No telephone number is provided.
By Alex Gelfond, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
 MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: GSMA Facilitates Launch of Interoperable Mobile Money Services in Madagascar
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: GSMA Facilitates Launch of Interoperable Mobile Money Services in Madagascar
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mobile Insurance Conference; February 23 – 24, 2017; Douala, Cameroon; Organized by IAIS, A2ii and CIMA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Cracking the Nut Conference; June 12 – 13, 2018; Antigua, Guatemala
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Investing for Impact Conference; February 15, 2018; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 5th European Research Conference on Microfinance; June 12 – 14, 2017; Portsmouth, UK