Event Name: Mobile Insurance Conference, presented by the Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS), the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) and the Inter-African Conference on Insurance Markets (CIMA)
Event Date: February 23 – 24, 2017
Event Location: Douala, Cameroon
Summary of Event: This event will address trends in mobile insurance and related technologies, as well as risks and regulations associated with the sector. It is targeted at government regulators, but others are welcome to attend.
Background on Organizers: The Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) is a membership organization of insurance regulators and supervisors in about 140 countries. The Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) is a Germany-based organization that aims to support insurance supervisors with knowledge about international regulatory and supervisory practices. The Inter-African Conference on Insurance Markets (CIMA), a regulatory organization based in Gabon, is a vehicle through which 14 countries in Africa seek to strengthen the regional insurance industry.
Cost: There is no fee to attend.
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at info[at]access-to-insurance.org or +49 61 96 79-6176.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 9th Consultative Forum on Microinsurance Regulation; March 14, 2017; Singapore
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: InsurTech: Rising to the Regulatory Challenge; March 20, 2018; Colombo, Sri Lanka
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mobile World Conference 2018; February 26 – March 1, 2018; Barcelona, Spain
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Cracking the Nut Conference; June 12 – 13, 2018; Antigua, Guatemala
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: International Conference on Sustainable Development; September 6 – 7, 2017; Rome, Italy