Event Name: Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit 2017
Event Date: August 29 – 31, 2017
Event Location: Stanley Hotel, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Summary of Event: Previously known as Pacific Microfinance Week, this summit will address topics such as wealth creation, accelerating access to finance for small and medium-sized enterprises, how to ensure customer needs are being met, and “the supply and demand side influences on microenterprise development.”
Background on Organizers: The event organizers are the Australia-based Foundation for Development Cooperation (FDC) and the 24-member Microfinance Pasifika Network, whose office is co-located with FDC. FDC conducts policy-oriented research and mobilizes Australian and international support for economic development efforts in Australia, Asia and the Pacific. The goal of Microfinance Pasifika is to help its members improve poor people’s “quality of life through the provision of inclusive and sustainable financial services.”
Cost: The fee to attend is USD 300 for the general public, and USD 200 for members of the Microfinance Pasifika Network. There is also a 10-percent discount available for groups of four or more delegates.
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at info[at]microfinance-pasifika.org or +617 3217 2924.
By Phoebe Rorke, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
MicroCapital coverage of the 2016 Mekong Financial Inclusion Forum:
2017 Financial Inclusion Summit:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Asia-Pacific Financial Inclusion Summit, Hanoi, Vietnam, March 21-22, 2017
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Making Finance Work for Women Summit; October 24-25, 2017; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network Annual Conference; October 2 – 4, 2017; Arlington, Virginia, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Financial Inclusion Summit East Africa; September 5, 2017; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: East Africa Microfinance Summit, November 2-4, 2016, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania