Event Name: Social Finance Forum 2017
Event Date: November 9 – November 10, 2017
Event Location: MaRS Discovery District, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cost: CAD 350 (USD 278) until August 15; CAD 600 (USD 477) thereafter.
Summary of Event: This event will cover topics including new financial technologies, closing the funding gap for female entrepreneurs, the evolution of development aid and exit strategies for impact investments. The agenda includes workshops, presentations, product showcase booths and sessions for entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas to funders.
Background on Organizers: This forum is organized by the Medical and Related Sciences (MaRS) Centre for Impacting Investing, which was founded in 2011. It is part of the MaRS Discovery District, a Toronto-based nonprofit “urban innovation hub” . In addition to connecting government agencies, charitable foundations and other nonprofit organizations, the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing works with for-profit investors to address “society’s toughest problems” in a manner that generates financial returns .
Event Website: https://www.socialfinanceforum.ca/
For additional information, you may contact Muska Ulhaq by e-mail at mulhaq[at]marsdd.com or telephone at +1 416 673 8100.
By Matthew O’Neill, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources:
Social Finance Forum 2017:
 About MaRS Discovery District:
 About the MaRS Center for Impact Investing:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: High Water Women’s 2017 Investing for Impact Symposium; November 30, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Social Impact Hub Introduces Library of Potential Impact Investments in Australia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Investing for Impact Conference; February 15, 2018; New York, USA