Event Name: Making Finance Work for Women Summit
Event Date: October 24 – October 25, 2017
Event Location: The Kilimanjaro Hotel, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Summary of Event: The theme of this year’s biennial summit is “Digital Financial Inclusion.” Sessions will include topics such as “the state of digital financial services”, how policymakers can empower women, drivers of greater outreach to women, financing women-owned businesses and how to ensure safety for girls.
Background on Organizers: Women’s World Banking is a US-based nonprofit microfinance network with about 49 member institutions (MFIs) working in 32 countries. It provides these MFIs with technical and advisory services, with a focus on serving low-income women.
Cost: The fee to attend is USD 750, with a discount of USD 250 for registrations paid before September 22.
Event Website: https://www.mfww2017.womensworldbanking.org/
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at communications[at]womensworldbanking.org or +1 212 768 8513.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources
Women’s World Banking:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Visa Foundation Issues Inaugural Grant of $20m to Women’s World Banking for Microinsurance, Financial Training, Leadership Development
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mondato Summit Asia; November 28-29, 2017; Yangon, Myanmar
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: ICT4D (Information and Communications Technology for Development); May 8 – 10, 2018; Lusaka, Zambia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: East Africa Microfinance Summit, November 2-4, 2016, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum; May 23-25, 2017; Bangkok, Thailand