Event Name: Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit 2016
Event Date: September 28 – September 30, 2016
Event Location: Marriott Crystal Gateway, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Cost: The registration fee is USD 895.
Summary of Event: The theme of this event is “Turning Points: How Do We Achieve Results and Scale in the Next Decade?” The conference is intended to foster collaborative learning and action in order to “increase the impact, scale, and sustainability of youth economic opportunity programming, policies and partnerships” . Participants will attend sessions on topics including: (1) workforce development; (2) enterprise development; (3) financial inclusion (4) gender; and (5) monitoring, evaluation and research. The organizers for the summit will accept proposals for presentations until March 25, 2016. More information about proposal submissions can be found here.
Background on Organizers: The event is organized by Making Cents International, a US-based nonprofit organization focused on building youth microenterprises and increasing youth employment. Making Cents partners with institutions in 55 countries, aiming to provide them with opportunities to share information on programs, methodologies, strategies and tools; build partnerships; gain new technical capacity; and help build the youth enterprise, employment and livelihoods development field.
Event website: http://www.youtheosummit.org/
For additional information, you may contact the organizers by phone at + 1 202 783 4090 or by email at summit[at]makingcents.com.
By Meredith Steih, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources:
 Making Cents International, “Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit 2015,”http://www.youtheosummit.org/
MicroCapital Universe Profile: Making Cents International
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Making Cents International Presents 2017 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit; September 27-29; Arlington, Virginia, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum; May 23-25, 2017; Bangkok, Thailand
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Toronto International Microfinance Summit to Feature Muhammad Yunus, September 29, 2016, Toronto, Canada
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Pan-African SME Finance Summit POSTPONED
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Microfinance Pasifika’s Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit; August 29-31, 2017; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea