Summary of Event: As related to delivering “responsible” financial services, this conference will cover client protection, enabling environments, client perspectives and digital payments, including serving the agriculture sector, youth, and small and medium-sized enterprises.
Background on Organizer: The event is hosted by the 318-member Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda in partnership with the National Bank of Rwanda, the central bank of the country; the US-based nonprofit Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network; Access to Finance Rwanda, an NGO founded by the governments of Rwanda and the UK; German NGO Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation; and the Smart Campaign, an affiliate of US-based NGO Accion.
Cost: The fee to attend ranges from USD 100 to USD 400 with discounts of up to USD 100 for those registering by January 31.
For more information, you may email info[at]amir.org.rw or call +250 787 859 358.
Sources and Additional Resources
Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda: http://www.amir.org.rw/
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Dot Finance Africa Presents Its Second Fintech Conference on May 17 – 18, 2017 in Kigali, Rwanda
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Committing to Action: Accelerating Financial Inclusion through Partnership in Uganda; January 17 – 18, 2017; Kampala, Uganda
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Association of Microfinance Institutions of Rwanda Rolls Out “Responsible Finance Through Local Leadership and Learning Program”
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Harvard Business School (HBS)-Accion Program on Strategic Leadership in Inclusive Finance; March 25 – 30, 2018; Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 7th Annual Africa Banking and Finance Conference; May 30 – 31, 2017; Kigali, Rwanda