Summary of Event: The goal of this twelfth consultative forum of its kind is to explore how regulators can adjust to working with the hundreds of start-up firms leveraging technology to enter the insurance market. In particular, sessions will address how “to strike a balance between facilitating innovation, increasing the inclusiveness of the insurance sector, and maintaining the conditions for a fair, safe and stable insurance sector…”. Topics will include digitizing applications, premium collection, payouts and other processes as well as blockchain technology, peer-to-peer insurance and many others. Iterations of this event are to be held on the topic of InsurTech in Africa and Latin America.
Background on Organizers: This event is organized by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS), the Microinsurance Network and the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii). IAIS is a Switzerland-based membership organization of insurance regulators and supervisors in 140 countries. The Luxembourg-based Microinsurance Network is an organization of 30 individual and 80 institutional members focusing on delivering insurance to low-income people in developing countries. The Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) is a Germany-based consultancy that aims to support insurance supervisors with knowledge about international regulatory and supervisory practices.
Cost: There is no fee to attend. You may register at https://microinsurancenetwork.wufoo.eu/forms/z7wfnkb1v3kouc/.
For more information, you may contact Jenny Nasr via jnasr[at]microinsurancenetwork.org or +352 26 29 78 25.
Sources and Additional Resources
Consultative Forum on Microinsurance Regulation, March 2017, Singapore
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 9th Consultative Forum on Microinsurance Regulation; March 14, 2017; Singapore
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mobile Insurance Conference; February 23 – 24, 2017; Douala, Cameroon; Organized by IAIS, A2ii and CIMA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Microinsurance Network: How to Optimise Distribution in the Low-Cost Insurance Environment, September 27-28, 2016, Johannesburg, South Africa
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Munich Re Foundation, Microinsurance Network, APESEG to Host 13th International Microinsurance Conference, November 7-9, 2017, Lima, Peru
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: International Microinsurance Conference, November 15-17, 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka