Event Name: Impact Investing Conference
Event Date: April 26, 2017
Event Location: Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce, Kirchberg, Luxembourg
Event Organizers: Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI) will organize the event in partnership with Luxembourg Finance Labelling Agency (LuxFLAG), European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP) and Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN).
Cost: The fee to attend is EUR 400 (USD 427) with a discount of EUR 50 (USD 53) available for members of ALFI, LuxFLAG, e-MFP and GIIN. Additional discounts of EUR 100 (USD 107) and EUR 50 (USD 53) are offered to those registering by March 17 and April 13, respectively.
Summary: This conference will focus on issues including how impact investing supports climate change mitigation and adaptation measures, the role impact investing is playing in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and the growth of impact investing in general.
GIIN defines impact investing as “investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return”.
Background on Organizer: The event is organized by ALFI, a membership organization of funds domiciled in Luxembourg. Launched in 1988, its mission is to “lead industry efforts to make Luxembourg the most attractive international center for investment funds”.
Event website: http://www.alfi.lu/impact-investing-17#event-register
For additional information, you may contact the organizers by phone at +352 223026 1 or by email at events[at]alfi.lu.
By Murong Xu, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources:
2017 Impact Investing Conference, “Addressing climate change and social development” http://www.alfi.lu/impact-investing-17#event-register
2016 Impact Investing Conference
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: High Water Women’s 2017 Investing for Impact Symposium; November 30, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Investing for Impact Conference; February 15, 2018; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 2017 Social Enterprise Conference; Columbia University, New York, USA; October 6, 2017
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 5th European Research Conference on Microfinance; June 12 – 14, 2017; Portsmouth, UK
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA