Event Name: GSG Impact Summit 2017
Event Date: July 9 – July 12, 2017
Event Location: Sheraton Grand Chicago; Chicago, Illinois, USA
Summary of Event: This event will address the state of the impact investment sector and strategies for creating further impact. Session topics will include influencing government policy, environmental impact investment, and the supply of and demand for impact capital. The main summit will span July 10 and 11, with workshops available on July 9 and July 12.
Background on Organizers: The event is organized by the Global Social Impact Investment Steering Group (GSG), a successor to the G8 Social Impact Investment Taskforce. The group’s membership comprises the EU and 13 member countries from five continents.
Cost: There is no fee to attend.
Event Website: http://www.gsgii.org/
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at gsgconcierge[at]gsgii.org. No telephone number is offered.
By Phoebe Rorke, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by GSG
– Event website: http://www.gsgii.org/
– Home page: http://socialimpactinvestment.org/
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Making Cents International Presents 2017 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit; September 27-29; Arlington, Virginia, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Foro Latinoamericano de Inversión de Impacto; February 14 – 16, 2017; Mérida, México
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit; September 25 – 27, 2018; Washington, DC, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: European Microfinance Summit; January 26 – 27, 2017; Barcelona, Spain
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing: Mainstreaming Purpose-Driven Finance; February 15, 2017; New York, USA