Event Name: Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) Investor Forum 2016
Event Date: December 7 – December 8, 2016
Event Location: NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, Dam 9 1012 JS, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Cost: The cost to attend the event is EUR 1,295 (USD 1,453) for general delegates and EUR 645 (USD 724) for GIIN members until October 14, 2016, and EUR 1,795 (USD 2,014) and EUR 775 (USD 869), respectively, thereafter. MicroCapital readers are invited to enjoy a 10-percent discount by using the code MC16. Details on other discounts available can be found on the event registration page.
Summary of Event: This event offers a platform for participants to network with other impact investing stakeholders, learn about industry trends, and collaborate on investment strategies and practices. It will include presentations, panel discussions, workshops and interviews on topics including the following: (1) “Accelerating impact investing to the next stage”; (2) “The work of impact investment in solving environmental challenges”; (3) “Comparing impact to traditional investment instruments”; (4) “Exiting impact investments ethically”; and (5) “Developing infrastructure to support the [Sustainable Development Goals].”
Background on Organizers: GIIN is a nonprofit organization based in the US city of New York that is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness of impact investing, which it defines as for-profit investment intended to solve social and environmental problems. The members of GIIN work to increase “the level and effectiveness of capital that is supporting market-based solutions to social and environmental problems.” GIIN’s Investor Council consists of approximately 60 impact investors as of 2016.
Private Equity International (PEI) is a monthly magazine published by PEI Media that covers investors and fund managers that are active in private equity. The company operates from offices in London, Hong Kong and New York.
For additional information, you may contact Conference Producer James Clark by telephone at +44 020 7566 5449 or email at james.c[at]peimedia.com.
By Michelle Dold, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Information:
 MicroCapital Universe Profile: Global Impact Investing Network
 MicroCapital Universe Profile: Private Equity International
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing Conference: Addressing Climate Change and Social Development; April 26, 2017; Kirchberg, Luxembourg
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: High Water Women’s 2017 Investing for Impact Symposium; November 30, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing: Mainstreaming Purpose-Driven Finance; February 15, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Triple Bottom Line Investing (TBLI) Group’s Nordic Conference, September 20-21, 2016, Stockholm, Sweden