Event Name: Geodata for Inclusive Finance and Food
Event Date: February 16, 2017
Event Location: Hulstkamp Gebouw, Maaskade 116, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Cost: This event is open by invitation only.
Summary of Event: This event will address how “geodata” can be used to expand inclusive finance and food security. Speakers will address how satellite data can provide information to support the increased outreach of financial services to farmers and others in rural areas. The main goals of the conference are to inspire attendees, exchange knowledge and provide networking opportunities. 
Background on Organizers: The event is organized by NpM, Platform for Inclusive Finance; the Rabobank Foundation; and the Netherlands Space Office (NSO). NpM, Platform for Inclusive Finance, is a membership organization seeking to expand financial access in developing countries. The Rabobank Foundation is a unit of Rabobank that provides financial support intended to promote self-sufficiency for disadvantaged groups in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. NSO is an agency of the Dutch government that acts as the point of contact to the international space community and strives to educate the general public.
For additional information, you may email info[at]inclusivefinanceplatform.nl or call +31 (0)30 234 8201.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at:
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: NpM, Rabobank, FMO Promote Satellite Data to Help Farmers Improve Yields, Access Finance
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Thos Gieskes to Lead Dutch Cooperative Investor Oikocredit
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 38th Midi de la Microfinance et de l’Inclusion Financière; March 8, 2017; Luxembourg
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Metrics from the Ground Up; NEW DATES: February 27 – 28, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Inclusive Finance India Summit, December 5-6, 2016, New Delhi, India