Event Name: Cracking the Nut 2017
Event Dates: March 27 – March 28, 2017; Agriculture Value Chain Finance Training, March 29 – March 30, 2017
Event Location: Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok, Thailand
Fees: The fees to attend this event are USD 595 for general admission and USD 1,490 for admission plus a seat at the Agriculture Value Chain Finance Training. On November 7, 2016, the fees increase by USD 200.
Summary: This conference is intended to raise awareness and promote sustainable practices that can help agricultural and rural communities meet the urban demand for food. Sessions will revolve around the following themes: (1) “Reducing energy and transport costs for food systems;” (2) “Improving sustainability and food security of urban markets;” and (3) “Facilitating links from rural to urban parts of a supply chain.”
Organizers: This event is organized by the Connexus Corporation, a consulting firm based in the US state of Virginia. Its mission is “to transform international development and build local capacity.” Connexus has organized the Cracking the Nut conference since 2011.
For more information, please contact Ali Boyer by telephone at +1 703 914 5533 or through email at aboyer[at]connexus.email.
Event website: http://www.crackingthenutconference.com/
By Shreyas Nagaraj, Research Associate
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Second China-UK Microfinance and Rural Finance Conference, July 5-6, 2016, Aberystwyth University, United Kingdom
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: International Conference on Sustainable Development, September 16-17, 2016, Gregorian University, Rome, Italy
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: “Horizon 2037: Fair Finance for All” – 20th Microfinance Centre (MFC) Annual Conference; May 24-26, 2017; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Islamic Microfinance Summit, September 26-27, 2016, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Sustainable Finance Conference 2017; July 13-14, 2017; Karlsruhe, Germany