Event Name: Cracking the Nut Conference 2018
Event Date: June 12 – June 13, 2018
Event Location: Antigua, Guatemala
Summary of Event: This conference will focus on how technology can improve agricultural microfinance for poor people in rural areas. It includes a technology fair as well as sessions on the themes “Introducing Technologiesin Support of Climate Resilience,” “Using Digital Platforms to Facilitate Agricultural Knowledge and Finance” and “Promoting Sustainable Natural Resource Use and Poverty Reduction.” This is the eighth iteration of the conference, and the organizers expect 300 people to attend.
Background on Organizer: The event is organized by Connexus Corporation, an international consulting firm mostly focusing on helping agricultural organizations in developing nations get access to financing and investments. The company has worked in 22 countries.
Cost: The fee to attend is USD 595 for those registering before January 31 and USD 795 thereafter.
For more information, you may email crackingthenut[at]connexus.email or call +1 703 914 5533.
By Alex Gelfond, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
MICROFINANCE EVENT: Cracking the Nut Conference; March 27 – 28, 2017; Bangkok, Thailand https://www.microcapital.org/microfinance-event-cracking-the-nut-conference-march-27-28-2017-bangkok-thailand/
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Cracking the Nut Conference, March 27 – 28, 2017, Bangkok, Thailand
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa Financial Services Investment Conference (AFSIC); May 2 – 4, 2018; London, UK
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 5th European Research Conference on Microfinance; June 12 – 14, 2017; Portsmouth, UK
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 5th Sankalp Africa Summit; March 1 – 2, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 2017 Social Enterprise Conference; Columbia University, New York, USA; October 6, 2017