Event Name: Committing to Action: Accelerating Financial Inclusion through Partnership in Uganda
Event Date: January 17 – 18, 2017
Event Location: City Royal Resort Hotel, Kampala, Uganda
Summary of Event: This event will focus on the current state of financial inclusion in Uganda. On Day 1 speakers will discuss methods for increasing the presence of women in the workplace, implementing digital solutions, and “product development for rural outreach and agriculture” . Day 2 will focus on how to accelerate financial inclusion and consumer protection in Uganda through legal and other means.
Background on Organizers: The event is organized by the Microfinance CEO Working Group (MCWG), the Smart Campaign, and the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU). MCWG is an entity through which the chief executives of 10 microfinance organizations advocate for “responsible” microfinance practices. The Smart Campaign promotes the practice of “being fully transparent in the pricing, terms, and conditions of all financial products” . AMFIU, which has approximately 120 members as of 2013, aims to encourage a policy environment that it deems positive for microfinance in Uganda.
Cost: The cost to attend is USD 100 per attendee per day.
Event Website: http://microfinanceceoworkinggroup.org/uganda-2017/
For additional information, you may email Bridget Dougherty at bdougherty(at)accion.org or +1 202 393 5113.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources
 The Smart Campaign http://www.smartcampaign.org/about/campaign-mission-a-goals
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa Banking & Finance Conference; April 10 – 11, 2018; Lagos, Nigeria
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: East Africa Microfinance Summit, November 2-4, 2016, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 7th Annual Central Asian & Caucasus Microfinance Forum; October 26-27, 2017; Tbilisi, Georgia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Ethico Live! Presents Finnovation Africa 2017: A Powerful Purpose; April 7, 2017; Kampala, Uganda