Event Name: Africa Finance & Investment Forum (AFIF) Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Growth
Event Date: February 13 – 16, 2017
Event Location: Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya
Summary of Event: This year’s iteration of the annual African Finance & Investment Forum (AFIF) will focus on entrepreneurship and innovation over two days of conference sessions preceded by a two-day training session. The goal of the event is to support entrepreneurship in Africa with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The primary topic will be methods for companies in sectors including energy, water and agriculture to access finance.
Background on Organizers: This event is organized by the European Marketing Research Centre (EMRC), a Belgium-based, nonprofit association of members from over 100 countries working to promote economic development in Africa. EMRC initially focused on agriculture and entrepreneurship, but has broadened its scope to include factors such as increasing access to finance, promoting communication between public and private actors, and new technologies.
Cost: The cost for this event is EUR 550 (USD 574) for the conference only or EUR 980 (USD 1,022) for both the pre-conference workshop and the conference. EMRC members may receive a cost reduction of EUR 100 (USD 104).
For additional information, you may contact Inês Bastos at ib(at)emrc.be or +32 26 26 15 15.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 12th Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship; February 22 – 24, 2017; Ahmedabad, India
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa Financial Services Investment Conference (AFSIC); May 2 – 4, 2018; London, UK
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: International Conference on Sustainable Development, September 16-17, 2016, Gregorian University, Rome, Italy
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa Banking & Finance Conference; April 10 – 11, 2018; Lagos, Nigeria
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Metrics from the Ground Up; NEW DATES: February 27 – 28, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya