Event Name: Africa Financial Services Investment Conference (AFSIC)
Event Date: May 2 – May 4, 2018
Event Location: London, UK
Summary of Event: This sixth iteration of AFSIC will again focus on how to attract investment into Africa’s financial services industry. The event offers 150 panelists on topics such as “Consolidation as a Catalyst for Growth in African Financial Services,” “An Examination of African Fintech Investment Opportunities” and “Leveraging Technological Innovation to Lower Real and Perceived Risks in Africa for Financial Institutions and Investors” and “New Ways to Finance Microfinance Banks”.
Background on Organizer: The Africa Financial Services Investment Conference (AFSIC) is a single-purpose entity. In 2016, it hosted 220 companies representing 25 African countries .
Cost: The fee to attend is EUR 1,100 (USD 1,150) with tiered discounts for those registering by January 31, February 28 and April 15. The student rate is EUR 250 (USD 262), and a 25-percent discount is available for groups with three or more delegates. There is an additional cost of EUR 145 (USD 150) for a “Meet African Dealmakers Networking Event” to be held after the daytime sessions on May 3. All prices exclude VAT of 20 percent.
For more information, you may email event[at]afsic.net. No telephone number is offered.
By Alex Gelfond, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
 MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa Financial Services Investment Conference (AFSIC) Annual Conference; May 3 – 5, 2017; London, UK:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa Financial Services Investment Conference (AFSIC) Annual Conference; May 3 – 5, 2017; London, UK
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Financial Inclusion Summit East Africa; September 5, 2017; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa Banking & Finance Conference; April 10 – 11, 2018; Lagos, Nigeria
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Cracking the Nut Conference; June 12 – 13, 2018; Antigua, Guatemala