Event Name: Aflatoun International Meeting 2016: Social and Financial Education Contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Event Date: November 2 – November 4, 2016
Event Location: World Trade Center, Prinses Beatrixlaan 582, The Hague, the Netherlands
Cost: The cost to attend the event is EUR 400 (USD 447) with lower rates available for those attending only one or two days.
Summary of Event: This event will focus on empowering children and young people to achieve the United Nations SDGs by scaling up and increasing the quality educational programs worldwide. Among the SDGs that participants will address include the following: (1) quality education (SDG 4); (2) youth employability (SDG 8); (3) financial inclusion (SDG 8); and (4) reducing inequalities (SDG 10). The event will also highlight progress within the Aflatoun network to achieve its strategic objectives, “innovations and best practices” from various Aflatoun partners and ways to expand the Aflatoun network.
Background on Organizers: Stichting Child Savings International, commonly known as Aflatoun International, is a Dutch nonprofit that provides grants as well as social and financial education programs targeting children and young adults. The organization maintains a network of 192 nongovernmental organizations and 28 governmental partners that have supported Aflatoun in rolling out educational programs, benefitting approximately 4 million students and training 72,000 teachers in 116 countries.
Event Website: http://im-aflatoun.org/
For additional information, you may contact Petra van Dijk by telephone at +31 0 20 7601340 or email at petra[at]aflatoun.org.
By Michelle Dold, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Information:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Young Africa Works Summit; February 16 – 17, 2017; Kigali, Rwanda
- MICROFINANCE PAPER ROUND-UP: Achieving SDGs by Supporting SMEs, Engaging Youth in Financial Services via Social Media, Effects of Financial Education on Credit Card Usage
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Metrics from the Ground Up; NEW DATES: February 27 – 28, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Association of Microfinance Institutions of Rwanda Rolls Out “Responsible Finance Through Local Leadership and Learning Program”
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network Annual Conference; October 2 – 4, 2017; Arlington, Virginia, USA