Event Name: Ninth Sankalp Global Summit 2017
Event Date: December 7 – December 8, 2017
Event Location: JW Marriott Hotel; Mumbai, India
Summary of Event: The foci of this summit are social enterprise, impact investing and “inclusive development” worldwide. The event will also explore the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This year’s agenda has not been released, but previous iterations of the conference included sessions on topics such as financing small and medium-sized enterprises and opportunities in agriculture.
Background on Organizers: The Intellecap Group is a social-sector advisory firm that aims to enhance the business practices of other social enterprises. Its services include microfinance development, technology solutions, investment banking and business consulting. Intellecap is made up of three companies operating from offices in India and the US with a total of approximately 600 employees: (1) IntelleGrow, which provides loans to smaller Indian businesses focused on clean energy, financial inclusion, healthcare, water & sanitation, education and agriculture supply chains; (2) Arohan, a microfinance institution (MFI) providing credit, micropensions and insurance to entrepreneurs in four low-income states in eastern India; and (3) Intellecash, a non-banking finance company (NBFC) that incubates startups in Africa and Asia. Additionally, Intellecap organizes the Sankalp forum, which is “designed to support the growth of social enterprises and catalyse impact investments,” and the Intellecap Impact Investor Network, which connects high net worth investors with social enterprises.
Cost: The fee to attend is USD 350, with a rate of USD 150 offered to representatives of academic institutions. An exhibition booth costs USD 1,000. The rate of USD 350 is an “early-bird” price that is subject to increase at an unspecified date.
Event Website: https://globalsummit2017.sankalpforum.com/
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at sankalpforum[at]intellecap.com or +91 22 61952746.
By Jacob O’Driscoll, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Information
United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd Sankalp Southeast Asia Summit; September 19 – 20, 2017; Jakarta, Indonesia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Sankalp Africa Summit, February 23-24, 2017, Kenya School of Government, Nairobi
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 2017 Social Enterprise Conference; Columbia University, New York, USA; October 6, 2017
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: UBS Wealth Management Customers Investing $325m in The Rise Fund, Social Impact Private Equity Vehicle Managed by TPG