Event Name: Ninth Consultative Forum on Microinsurance Regulation
Event Date: March 14, 2017
Event Location: Theatrette, MAS Building, 10 Shenton Way, Singapore
Summary of Event: The theme of this year’s event is “Exploring challenges in scaling up insurance as a disaster resilience strategy for smallholder farmers.” Speakers will consider the perspectives of supervisors, insurers and policymakers as they relate to how insurance can improve the lives of small-scale farmers.
Background on Organizers: This event is organized by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS), the Microinsurance Network and the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii). IAIS is a Switzerland-based membership organization of insurance regulators and supervisors in about 140 countries. The Luxembourg-based Microinsurance Network is an organization of 30 individual and 80 institutional members focusing on delivering insurance to low-income people in developing countries. The Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) is a Germany-based consultancy that aims to support insurance supervisors with knowledge about international regulatory and supervisory practices.
Cost: This event is free of charge.
For additional information you may contact the organizers at info[at]microinsurancenetwork.org or +352 26 29 78 25.
By Phoebe Rorke, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: InsurTech: Rising to the Regulatory Challenge; March 20, 2018; Colombo, Sri Lanka
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mobile Insurance Conference; February 23 – 24, 2017; Douala, Cameroon; Organized by IAIS, A2ii and CIMA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Microinsurance Network: How to Optimise Distribution in the Low-Cost Insurance Environment, September 27-28, 2016, Johannesburg, South Africa
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Munich Re Foundation, Microinsurance Network, APESEG to Host 13th International Microinsurance Conference, November 7-9, 2017, Lima, Peru
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: International Microinsurance Conference, November 15-17, 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka