Event Name: 9th Biennial Microfinance Conference
Event Dates: November 23-26, 2016
Event Location: Somali Microfinance Institution, Jijiga, Ethiopia
Cost: There is no fee to attend.
Summary of event: The theme of this event is “innovation to promote inclusive finance for sustainable development in Ethiopia.” It is hosted by the Somali Microfinance Institution, a microfinance institution (MFI) in Ethiopia, and organized by the Association of Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions (AEMFI), a nonprofit group of 30 Ethiopian microfinance institutions.
For additional information, you may email aemfiet[at]gmail.com or call +251 115 572198 or call +251 2567 756976.
By Petra Barbu, Research Associate
About the Association of Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions (AEMFI)
Established in Ethiopia in June 1999, the Association of Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions (AEMFI) is a nonprofit organization seeking to facilitate microfinance practitioners in advancing their goals, including working towards the expansion of the microfinance industry in the country. AEMFI members include registered and licensed microfinance institutions and organizations indirectly involved in microfinance as well as individuals. As of 2016, the association has 30 members.
Sources and Additional Resources
 MicroCapital Universe Profile: Association of Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- SPECIAL REPORT: ADA’s Laura Foschi on Creating Value for SMEs at SAM in Ethiopia, October 2017
- SPECIAL REPORT: Microfinance Investment Vehicles, MFIs “Speed Date” at SAM Investor’s Fair in Ethiopia
- SPECIAL REPORT: Saleh Usman Gashua of AFRACA on Creating Value for SMEs at SAM (Semaine Africaine de la Microfinance)
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Australian Government Introduces $30m “Emerging Market Impact Investment Fund” Targeting Small, Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Asia-Pacific
- SPECIAL REPORT: At SAM, Calls for Alternatives to Collateral, Acquiring Insurance, Technical Assistance, Cheaper Loans for SMEs