Event Name: Third Sankalp Southeast Asia Summit 2017: Local Problems, Global Solutions
Event Date: September 19 – September 20, 2017
Event Location: Hotel Bidakara; Jakarta, Indonesia
Summary of Event: The focus of the summit is to “strengthen Southeast Asia’s entrepreneurship ecosystem,” and the theme of this year’s iteration is “Local Problems, Global Solutions.” Discussions will address topics such as policy, health, energy, financial services and agriculture.
Background on Organizers: The Sankalp Forum, which is focused on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), was launched in 2009 by Intellecap, an Indian social-sector advisory firm seeking to enhance the business practices of social entrepreneurs. As of 2017, it has worked with 900 social enterprises.
Cost: The full fee to attend is USD 250, with rates of USD 75 available for entrepreneurs and USD 50 for women entrepreneurs if purchased before May 30. These rates reflect a 30-percent discount that expires on that date.
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at sankalpforum[at]intellecap.com or +91 22 61952746.
By Phoebe Rorke, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 9th Sankalp Global Summit; December 7 – 8, 2017; Mumbai, India
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 5th Sankalp Africa Summit; March 1 – 2, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Sankalp Africa Summit, February 23-24, 2017, Kenya School of Government, Nairobi
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Microfinance Pasifika’s Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit; August 29-31, 2017; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Toronto International Microfinance Summit to Feature Muhammad Yunus, September 29, 2016, Toronto, Canada