Event Name: Third African International Conference on Islamic Finance
Event Location: Transcorp Hilton Abuja; Abuja, Nigeria
Summary of Event: This conference aims to highlight the ethics and impact of Islamic finance, primarily in West Africa. The agenda topics include ethical investment; regulations; financial technology; the alignment between Islamic finance and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals; and Islamic capital markets, including sukuk (bond) markets. One of the major ways that Islamic lending differs from mainstream loans is the use of mechanisms such as the sharing of profit and loss in lieu of conventional interest payments.
Background on Organizers: Metropolitan Skills Limited is a company that seeks to increase the quality of skills acquisition and capacity building programs in Nigeria.
Cost: The registration cost is NGN 150,000 (USD 420) per person.
Event Website: https://aicif.org/
For additional information, you may contact the event organizers at info[at]aicif.org or +234 (0)9 4610693.
By Ryan Gauthier, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Information
Metropolitan Skills Limited:
MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: AlHuda, Azerbaijan’s SER Agree to Promote Islamic Finance in the Caucasus:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: OJK Licenses 10 Islamic Microfinance Institutions in Indonesia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing; November 1-3, 2017; San Diego, California, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mobile Insurance Conference; February 23 – 24, 2017; Douala, Cameroon; Organized by IAIS, A2ii and CIMA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Akhuwat, AlHuda Center of Islamic Banking and Economics Hosting 7th Global Islamic Microfinance Forum; November 24-25, 2017; Istanbul, Turkey
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Islamic Microfinance Summit, September 26-27, 2016, Dubai, United Arab Emirates