Event Name: 2018 Customer Centricity Learning Event
Event Date: February 19 – 22, 2018
Application deadline: January 19, 2018
Event Location: Mamallapuram, India
Summary of Event: This event is intended to improve the ways financial services providers work with low-income customers. The conference includes training exercises and networking events designed to improve social performance management, which involves “the systems that organizations use to achieve their stated social goals and put customers at the center of strategy and operations” .
Background on Organizer: This event is hosted by the Social Performance Task Force (SPTF), a US-based NGO with more than 3,000 members from a range of microfinance stakeholder groups. Its mission is to define social performance as well as address questions about measuring and managing social performance. SPTF defines social performance as operating “in line with accepted social values that relate to serving larger numbers of poor and excluded people” .
Cost: The fee to attend is USD 550, with a rate of USD 200 offered for Indian residents.
For more information, you may email michelegiroux[at]sptf.info. No telephone number is offered.
Sources and Additional Resources
 : SPTF: https://sptf.info/
MicroCapital article, 26 January 2013: “MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) Calls for Submissions for its Universal Standards Library: Treat Employees Responsibly,” https://www.microcapital.org/microcapital-brief-social-performance-task-force-sptf-calls-for-submissions-for-its-universal-standards-resource-library-treat-employees-responsibly/
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) Annual Meeting; June 6 – 8, 2017, Mexico City, Mexico
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) Social Investor Working Group Meeting; March 15-16, 2017; Zurich, Switzerland
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Savings and Credit Forum; March 16, 2017; Zürich, Switzerland
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 9th Sankalp Global Summit; December 7 – 8, 2017; Mumbai, India
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Metrics from the Ground Up; NEW DATES: February 27 – 28, 2018; Nairobi, Kenya