Event Name: Ethical Finance Innovation Challenge and Awards Gala Dinner
Event Date: November 15, 2017
Event Location: The Ritz Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre, United Arab Emirates
Summary of Event: This is the fifth rendition of a group of awards given by Thomson Reuters, a media firm traded on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges, and Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, which is based in the United Arab Emirates. The following efforts have been named as finalists for the 2017 Ethical Finance Initiative Award: Somalia’s Kaah International Microfinance Services; Arabesque, whose S-Ray tool uses big data to assess the social responsibility of large corporations; and Malaysia’s Employees Provident Fund (EPF), whose Shariah-compliant retirement plan was launched in January with an initial fund size of MYR 100 billion (USD 23 billion). The winner will receive a prize of USD 100,000, and the others will receive USD 20,000. In addition, a Lifetime Achievement Award of USD 25,000 will be given to a person or company deemed to have “shaped the world of financial services using a positive approach and ethical principles.”
Cost: There is no fee to attend.
For more information, you may email islamic.finance[at]thomsonreuters.com; no telephone number is offered.
Ethical Finance Innovation Challenge and Awards home page
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Somalia’s Kaah International Microfinance Services (KIMS) Wins $100k Ethical Finance Innovation Challenge Award (EFICA) for Returning Refugee Programs
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Islamic Microfinance Summit, September 26-27, 2016, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: AlHuda CIBE, Akhuwat to Host Sixth Global Islamic Microfinance Forum, November 8-11, 2016, Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd African International Conference on Islamic Finance; October 16-17, 2017; Abuja, Nigeria
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Akhuwat, AlHuda Center of Islamic Banking and Economics Hosting 7th Global Islamic Microfinance Forum; November 24-25, 2017; Istanbul, Turkey