Missouri based H&R Block, America’s largest tax services provider, have announced an agreement with Grameen America, a for profit microfinance institution recently established by the Grameen Trust, part of the Grameen family which began with the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh. Grameen America will draw upon the resources and experience of H&R Block and the Grameen Trust, its majority owner, for fund raising, product and service development, and evaluation of the pilot programme which will be run in New York.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Whole Foods Market’s Whole Planet Foundation Raises $2.2m to Support Microfinance Institution Partnerships in 11 Countries, Including Expanding Work with Grameen America to New York, Miami
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Grameen America Achieves Close of Social Business Fund for Microfinance Lending to Women Entrepreneurs in US
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Fundación Paraguaya Offering Loans in Paraguay for Stoves with Lower Environmental Impact, Supported by DiD, Econoler, IDB
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: UK-based Humaniq Harnesses Blockchain, Biometrics To Launch Mobile Money Service in Ghana, Asia, South America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Everex Raises $17m in “Initial Coin Offering,” Anticipates Offering Mobile Remittances, Microcredit Using Blockchain Technology in 2018