As part of its launch, the Women’s Financial Inclusion Community of Practice (COP) recently released its website, https://www.microfinancegateway.org/organization/womens-financial-inclusion-community-practice, which is intended to facilitate discussions on best practices and solving shared challenges relating to delivering financial services to women with low incomes. The Women’s Financial Inclusion COP is a membership organization supported by US-based nonprofit CGAP (Consultative Group to Assist the Poor). Its working groups cover (1) measurement and data; (2) social norms; and (3) technology.
Based in Washington DC, CGAP is a policy and research center dedicated to increasing financial access worldwide by providing market intelligence, promoting standards and offering advisory services to governments, microfinance providers, donors and investors. As of June 2016, CGAP reported annual donor contributions totaling USD 26.8 million and operating expenses of USD 26.4 million. CGAP is co-located with the offices of the World Bank Group.
By Sascha Strobl, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources:
Women’s Financial Inclusion Community of Practice press release:
Women’s Financial Inclusion Community of Practice:
CGAP home page:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE BRIEF: Carolina Trivelli to Chair CGAP (Consultative Group to Assist the Poor) Executive Committee
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Platform for Economic Inclusion (PEI) to Carry on CGAP’s Work on Graduation Programs
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: CGAP, Pula Announce Microinsurance Partnership for Farmers in Nigeria
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: CGAP Accepting 2017 Photo Contest Entries Through September 29
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: CGAP, Citi Foundation Launch Digital Financial Inclusion Policy Program in China, Indonesia, Philippines