Symbiotics SA, a Swiss firm specializing in micro-, small and medium-sized enterprise investment, recently issued bonds totaling EUR 10 million (USD 10.6 million) for Coris Bank International SA, an institution in Burkina Faso whose mission includes a particular emphasis on serving small and medium-sized enterprises. The issue was transacted through Symbiotics’ bond platform, “Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Bonds SA, Luxembourg.”
This is the first time that Symbiotics has worked with Coris Bank, which reports total assets equivalent to USD 1.05 billion as of 2015. The bank is a member of Coris Group, which also has operations in Cote d’Ivoire, Mali and Togo. Coris Bank has 37 branches in Burkina Faso, including two that specialize in Islamic banking, which eschews charging conventional interest on loans in lieu of concepts such as the sharing of profit and loss.
Symbiotics manages assets valued at USD 1.3 billion.
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by Symbiotics
Coris Bank financials
MicroCapital Universe profile on Symbiotics
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Colombia’s FM Bucaramanga, Ecuador’s Produbanco Borrow $12m for SMEs via Symbiotics’ Bond Platform
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Symbiotics Issues $22m in Bonds for Banco Improsa, Grupo Promerica to Benefit Costa Rican, Salvadoran SMEs
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank, Armeconombank (AEB) Borrow $8.7m via Symbiotics’ Bond Platform to Benefit SMEs in Armenia
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Symbiotics Raises $18.5m for Georgia’s TBC Bank via MSME Bond Platform
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Intellegrow, Symbiotics Launch SME Debt Pool Program by Securitizing $5.3m Bond Issuance Benefiting Indian Entrepreneurs